Creating Places: A Citizen Observer's Look at Nashville's Built Environment
Writer's Note: William Williams' interest in the manmade environment dates to 1970, at which point the then-young Williams started a collection of postcards of city skylines. The collection now numbers 1,000-plus cards. Among the writer's specific interests are exterior building design, city district planning, demographics, signage, mixed-use development, mass transit and green/sustainable construction and living. Williams began his Creating Places column with The City Paper in February 2005. The column in its original form was discontinued in September 2008 and reinvented via this blog in November 2008. Creating Places can be found on the home page of the website of The City Paper, at which Williams has worked in various capacities since October 2000.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Creating Places: Random tidbits
* Work has resumed on the SoBro site of the Hilton Garden Inn. Read here.
* Does the start of construction of Gulch Crossing loom? Read here
* The under-construction Fairfield Inn by Marriott in The Gulch is now on Floor 4 and taking on some very nice definition.
* The Homewood Suites at 24th and West End avenues is showing some tasteful brick and stone exterior cladding.
* An October groundbreaking has been set for Artisan Lofts, to face Rosa Parks Boulevard and sit in Hope Gardens next to Row 8.9n. Read more here.
* I am liking more and more the color combination found with the brick and Hardie siding exterior on 12South Flats.
* Ray Hensler's Gulch luxury apartment tower is now on Floor 3.
* Tony Giarratana is closer to making his SoBro apartment tower a reality. Read here.